I pray that you have a better understanding of who you are in Christ after my little series. Today I will add some new ones to the list, but I also want to show you ALL of the ones I’ve listed in one place, so we can all see just how Christ’s life, death, and resurrection have benefited us.
Warning: This is a long post. However, I encourage you to read it all. It has certainly helped me as I’ve written it. 🙂
- I am alive together with Christ – Eph. 2:4-5(NKJV), “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).”
- I am complete in Him – Col. 2:10, “So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority.”
- I am part of a chosen generation… and
- I am called out of darkness into His marvelous light – 1 Peter 2:9, “But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.“
- I am a spirit being alive to God through Christ – Rom. 6:11, “So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.”
- If I am a doer of the Word, I will be blessed in my actions – James 1:22, 25, “But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. …But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.“
- I am a partaker of His divine nature – 2 Peter 1:3-4, “By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.”
- I am right with God in Christ Jesus – 2 Cor. 5:21,”For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.“
- I am the head and not the tail; I am on top and never at the bottom, if I listen and obey – Deut. 28:13, “If you listen to these commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today, and if you carefully obey them, the Lord will make you the head and not the tail, and you will always be on top and never at the bottom.
- I am forgiven of all my sins – Eph. 1:7, “He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.”
- I am healed by the stripes of Jesus – Is. 53:5, “But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed.” and 1 Peter 2:24, “He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross
so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.“
There are quite a few more, but this has already gotten long. Most of these came from Joyce Meyer Ministries. Visit here for the complete list.
Now the lists from parts one through four.
- I am a child of God – John 1:12, “But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to becomechildren of God.“
- I am a friend of Jesus – John 15:15, “I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.”
- I am a new person in Christ – 2 Cor. 5:17, “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
- I am chosen, holy, blameless – Eph. 1:4, “Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.”
- I am LOVED – (many verses, here are a few) Eph. 2:4, “ But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much…”Col. 3:12, “Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” 1 Thes. 1:4, “We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people.”
- I am more than a conqueror – Rom. 8:37 (NKJV), “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”
- I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony – Rev. 12:11 (NKJV), “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.”
- I am an ambassador for Christ – 2 Cor. 5:20, “So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, ‘Come back to God!’”
- I am the light of the world – Matt. 5:14, “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.”
- I am called of God to be the voice of His praise – Ps. 66:8, “Let the whole world bless our God and loudly sing his praises.”
- I am the temple of the Holy Spirit – 1 Cor. 6:19, “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?”
- I am an heir – Rom. 8:17, “And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.”
- I am created in the image of God – Gen. 1:26-27, “Then God said, ‘Let us make human beings in our image, to be like us. They will reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the livestock, all the wild animals on the earth, and the small animals that scurry along the ground.’ So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”
- I am His masterpiece– Eph. 2:10, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
- I have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor. 2:16, “For, ‘Who can know theLord’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?’ But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.”
- I have the greater one living in me. 1 John 4:4, “But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.”
- I have the peace of God that passes all understanding. Phil 4:6-7, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
- I have received the gift of righteousness by Jesus Christ. Rom. 5:17, “For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.”
- I have received the spirit of wisdom and insight in the knowledge of Jesus. Eph. 1:17, “asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.”
- I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to do good works–healing, cast out demons, speak with new tongues. Mark 16:17-18, “These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.”
- I have put off the old man and put on the new man. Col. 3:9-10, “Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him.”
- I have given and it is given to me in abundance. Luke 6:38, “Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full—pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back.”
- I can quench all the fiery darts of the devil. Eph. 6:16, “…hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.”
- I am the salt of the earth – Matt. 5:13, “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.”
- I am free from the law of sin and death– Rom. 8:2, “And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.”
- I am blessed with every Spiritual blessing in the heavenly places– Eph. 1:3, “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.”
- I am forgiven and made free – Eph. 1:7, “He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.“
- I am held securely and the evil one does not touch me – 1 John 5:18, “We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning, for God’s Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them.”
- I am taken care of because God supplies all my needs – Phil. 4:19, “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.”
- I am capable of doing all things through Christ who strengthens me – Phil. 4:13, “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.“
You are, or can be, and have, or can have, all of these. They are God’s gift to you through Jesus. If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, I encourage you to do so. While people, Christians included, will fail you, God never will. Please visit here if you’ve never made that decision. It is ABSOLUTELY life changing.
Dear God, I pray for all who’ve read these words of yours. May your words never return void. I pray that we can all receive them and believe them. Help our unbelief.
Father, I also pray for the one who reads these words and has never accepted your Son as Lord. Bring healing to their hearts minds, and bodies. Give them wisdom to find a church that can lead them in your Truth. In Jesus precious name, Amen.
May God’s blessings rain down on you,