Is it Mystery, Marriage, Money, Magic or Marshmallows?
Well today I decided to have FUN – so it’s going to be Marshmallows!!!!
What are Marshmallows – besides yuMMy? According to Alton Brown they contain gelatin, water, sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla extract, confectioner’s sugar, and cornstarch – sometimes with added coloring. According to Wikipedia (and we know that is always a reliable source – LOL) marshmallows were probably a medicinal substance made from the root of …you guessed it…the Marshmallow plant. It was used to treat sore throats. The original Marshmallow – used as a candy – dates back to ancient Egypt. 🙂
Okay, enough history. What can be done with a Marshmallow? 😎 Here are a few of our favorites (disclaimer: I do not support, nor did I completely check out all of these pages):
- S’mores – YuMMy and they can be done indoors. Click Indoor S’mores for the recipe.
- Rice Krispie Treats – they never last long at my house. Here’s a link for that recipe: http://www.ricekrispies.com/recipes/the-original-treats.aspx#/recipes/the-original-treats
- Golden Graham Treats – oh yeah, not as popular, but oh so good! Check it out here: Golden Graham Treats
- Topping to hot cocoa
- build candy snowmen Marshmallow-Snowmen
- and the marshmallow shooter 🙂 Marshmallow Shooter Instructions on YouTube
Now there are so many other things that could be done with Marshmallows that just wouldn’t fit on this blog, but you get the idea.
Personally, I like to eat Marshmallows plain, straight from the bag. How about you? How does your family like their Marshmallows?