Hello Summer Vacation Reader Friends. First, I must wish you a Happy 4th!
Major lousy news day here … My Kindle died, and my charging cord is missing. I know. Terrible! I had to order a new one. Ha!
Silly-Sad news aside, one thing I love about summer is fresh corn still in the husk. Yes, there are a million + 1 ways to cook corn. However, there is just something comforting about a simple, no-frills corn-on-the-cob side.
What makes me cringe is overcooked corn. When I eat that corn-on-the-cob with butter, salt, and pepper, it should snap, be sweet, and bite.
- Shuck FRESH corn- my family needs a lot- however many you want
- Fill a big pot 2/3 of the way with water
- Add a splash of milk (maybe ½ cup or so) and about two tablespoons of sugar
- Bring the water to a gentle boil. DO NOT WALK AWAY; you will get a boil-over mess from the milk.
- Boil for 3 MINUTES ONLY. I’m serious. Don’t overcook your corn!
- Serve simply … butter, salt and pepper on the side
Happy Summer Eating,