BookWormMom is out this week, so you’re stuck with me and my tardiness. 🙂 I am currently watching my grandson, and all my thoughts have been on him today. 🙂
And my lack of pictures. I don’t do a lot of photography of my food. I take pics of my dogs, my family, architecture, and flowers.
This is a go-to recipe (easy) that I have recently resurrected. I used to fix it all the time when my kids were little. It’s easy and appeals to almost anyone who likes pasta and red sauce.
This is a versatile recipe, so you can add pretty much anything to it. I usually only add pepperoni, but olives, ham, sausage, etc are optional ingredients. It can also be made gluten-free.
- 1 jar marinara sauce your favorite or homemade
- pasta gluten-free pasta works fine
- 1/2 lb ground beef cooked, optional
- pepperoni optional
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- olives, sausage, ham, etc optional
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta (any kind works: angel hair, spaghetti, rotini, etc) for a 1-2 minutes less than pkg directions. (ie if instructions say to cook for 8 minutes, cook for 6-7)
- Warm marinara sauce in a saucepan. Add cooked ground beef to sauce, if using.
- Place a small amount of sauce on bottom of whatever baking pan you're using. I use a 9x13 for five of us with leftovers. (see notes)
- Layer in pasta, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and any other ingredients until the pan is full or the ingredients are gone. The last two layers should be sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is slightly browned. (Can be cooked for less time since all of the ingredients are pre-cooked, but the baking process allows the flavors to meld.)
- Let sit for a few minutes, so you don't burn your mouth eating it. 😉
If you want to feed fewer people, use less of the ingredients and a smaller pan. We use gluten-free pasta and marinara sauce. Check your labels.
2 thoughts on “Recipe of the Month: Pizza Spaghetti”
That sounds so fun!
Comments are closed.