I thought I’d share my planned Christmas dinner–all but one of my kids (a nurse) is able to make it. 🙂
- crab dip (recipe below, sorry no pics)
- cheese ball (purchased)
- deviled eggs
- Keto Cocktail wienies (recipe from Ketofocus.com)
- Main dish
- Chicken (for my non pork eaters)
- Gluten-free macaroni and cheese (recipe below, no pics, but you’ve seen mac and cheese before. :D)
- Green beans (plain or doctored is TBD)
- contemplating polenta, but I’ve never made it before
- biscuits and rolls
- Keto chocolate cupcakes (recipe from Ketoupgrade.info)
- two pecan pies (one gluten free)
- vanilla ice cream
I’m not sure if my kids are bringing food. They know the menu, so we’ll see.
Here are the recipes:
Gluten-free Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 box gluten-free macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp gluten free (1 to 1) flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard approximately, I don't measure
- 1 cup milk I haven't tried non-dairy.
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (cheddar or mixed) or to your preferred cheesiness
- Boil noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- When they're close to being complete, start your sauce. Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Mix flour, ground mustard, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Add to butter.
- Stir until combined. Allow to cook for a minute or two.
- Add milk, stir continuously over medium heat (higher for electric, lower for gas). You don't really want it to boil.
- When it has thickened to your desired consistency (see note), add cheese (see note). Stir until combined.
- Pour cheese mixture over drained noodles. Stir until well coated. Enjoy.
Hot Crab Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb lump crab meat canned
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT crab meat in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- FOLD in crab meat.
- Place in small casserole dish (8x8 or 9x9). Spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve with crackers, sliced baguette, or tortilla chips.
What will your Christmas dinner look like?
Many blessings upon you and your family as you celebrate our Savior’s birth,
PS. I am not doing a Keto diet, but these sites are the best places to find low-carb (and almost always gluten-free) recipes that work for our family’s needs.